A TESOL certification by OnTESOL will prepare you for a lucrative teaching career all over the world. We have been around for over 12 years! Our Advanced TESOL Diploma made OnTESOL a world-renowned institute. We are known all over the world for offering the most comprehensive training and preparing teachers for a successful career. Having OnTESOL on your certificate shows employers that you know how to teach English using the most effective methods. Our courses will provide you with professional training to help you become a reflective and independent teacher. When you have the skills to create a full curriculum based on customized lesson plans that meet your students’ needs, you can pursue career advancement opportunities as a school director, a university professor, or even open your own school. Contact us to find out how OnTESOL will help you to become a successful teacher. Below you will find sample videos and free TESOL articles on how to teach English!
You don’t need to have a degree in Education or any previous teaching experience to start your career as an English language teacher. You just need to take a TESOL, TEFL, or TESL certification course that is recognized by TESL Canada. This accreditation is required by language schools in Canada and it is also internationally recognized, so you can use your certification to teach English abroad if you want to teach and travel for a while.
A teaching license or a degree in Education will put you ahead in some teach abroad programs, especially in public school programs such as ADEC in the United Arab Emirates, NETs in Hong Kong, and EPIK in South Korea; however, a TESOL certificate is recommended for licensed teachers who want to teach English abroad and many employers often ask licensed teachers to upgrade their credentials to qualify for higher wages. This is because TESOL is a very specific subject and the methods used in the English classroom are not learned in a degree in Education. This article will explain more about the lesson planning formats, the teaching methods, and other topics licensed teachers would learn in a TESOL certificate course.
An advanced TESOL certification course is recommended for teachers who want to teach English abroad and be eligible to work anywhere in the world, including native-speaking countries such as Canada, the United States, England, and Australia. Here are 3 reasons why you should take your TESOL certification with OnTESOL:
Already got TESOL / TEFL certification? Get a $100 rebate when you upgrade your credentials to Coventry House International-Ontesol’s 250-hour TESOL Diploma.
This offer is perfect for:
- Certified Canadian teachers returning from abroad who need TESL Canada accreditation to qualify for jobs in Canada.
- Anyone who completed a TESOL / TEFL certificate program at another institution and needs more training.
- Certified teachers contemplating on spending $2,400 for a 4-week CELTA course. The 250-hour Diploma is much more comprehensive than any 4-week course!
- Offer is also valid for those who completed a Master of Education in Canada, USA, UK, or Australia.
- Offer valid in August 2013
- Candidates must complete the registration form and payment online, type rebate code ‘TEFLCertified100’ in the rebate code area, and send a scanned copy of their TESOL / TEFL certificate and transcript (Or MA in Education transcripts) via e-mail within 10 business days of having their TESOL Diploma program activated. A $100 rebate will be issued within 48 business hours of having completed all requirements.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 100-hour TESOL / TEFL certification issued by an institute that is currently in business.
- Must be TESOL / TEFL / TESL certification or completed a Master of Education in Canada, USA, UK, or Australia. Offer not valid with other teaching credentials.
- This offer cannot be combined with the free specialist course (TEYL or TBEC) offer.
The first step when choosing a TESOL / TEFL certification course is to decide whether you need a core certificate program for a gap-year experience or an advanced program for a career teaching English worldwide.
At Ontesol, you can take a professional TESOL certification course online and combine it with in-class teaching experience.